City’s Solid Waste Division Encouraging Residents to Safely Dispose of Household Hazardous Waste and Electronic Waste
- February 16, 2023
CITY’S SOLID WASTE DIVISION ENCOURAGING RESIDENTS TO SAFELY DISPOSE OF HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE AND ELECTRONIC WASTE AT COLLECTION EVENT
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Feb. 10, 2023 — With a focus on addressing blight, the City of Jacksonville offers citizens opportunities and events that promote appropriate disposal of hazardous waste and petroleum products along with electronic waste . This effort includes the Solid Waste Division’s Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) and Electronic Waste (e-waste) Mobile Collection events where residents can take items, like chemicals and small appliances, to locations throughout the city to be properly discarded.
Household Hazardous Waste:
• Pesticides, pool chemicals, or any other type of chemicals or acids
• Antifreeze, motor oil* or used oil filters
• Gas, propane, kerosene, or diesel fuel/tanks
• Fireworks, flares, fire extinguishers, gun powder or ammunition
• Drain cleaners, paint*, varnish, shellac, thinners or strippers
• Thermometers or thermostats
• Car batteries or rechargeable batteries
• Photographic chemicals
• Aerosol cans
• Fluorescent or Compact Fluorescent (CFL) lights/tubes/bulbs
• Computer monitors
• Computer terminals• CPUs
• Stereo equipment
• Desk and mobile phones
• Power tools
• Small kitchen appliances
• Health and beauty appliances
As a reminder, residents can dispose of household hazardous waste and e-waste year-round at the Household Hazardous Waste Facility (2675 Commonwealth Ave. – 32254), Tuesday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Numerous mobile collection events will be held during the year. For a list of future dates and sites, visit here.
Additional general information about HHW and e-waste collection is available on the Solid Waste Division’s website here.
*Disposal of paint and motor oil: Limits are 27 gallons of paint and/or 27 gallons of motor oil in a 30- day period per Duval County resident.
- November 17, 2023
- October 24, 2023