The Jacksonville Landing
About The Jacksonville Landing
Nestled along the gorgeous St. Johns River in Downtown Jacksonville, The Jacksonville Landing is home to year-round entertainment, a wide variety of waterfront dining options and a cozy inside shopping mall all of which are sure to complete an afternoon or evening of fun. For more than 25 years, The Jacksonville Landing has been the spot to stop in downtown Jacksonville.
The Landing hosts more than 600 events each year including Florida/Georgia Weekend Celebrations, the annual Christmas Tree Lighting, New Year’s Eve and TaxSlayer Bowl Celebrations, St. Patrick’s Day and July 4th. Weekly events include live weekend entertainment in the center courtyard offering a variety of music including classic rock, oldies, contemporary, jazz, and top 40. The Landing also hosts a myriad of events for the community such as charity walks and runs and the Earth Day Ecology Fair.
- The Jacksonville Landing was built by the Rouse Company and opened on June 25, 1987. The Rouse Company, now owned by General Growth, Inc., also built other festival marketplaces like Harborplace in Baltimore, MD and Bayside Marketplace in Miami, FL.
- The Landing has 126,000-square-feet of space and is a U-shaped pavilion on nine acres fronting the St. Johns River.
- The Food Court is actually called the Founders Food Hall and displays 17 silhouettes recognizing people who had a role in the settlement of the area.
- A statue of Jacksonville’s namesake, Andrew Jackson sits on the round-a-bout in front of The Landing and was dedicated on June 27, 1987 by then Florida Congressman Charles Bennett and Mayor Jake Godbold. The statue is a replica of the equestrian sculpture found in Lafayette Park in Washington, D.C. in which Major General Andrew Jackson is portrayed reviewing his troops at the Battle of New Orleans on January 8, 1815. He restrains his rearing mount with a steady hand while raising his hat in a salute to his troops with the other hand.
- Happy Landing, located inside The Landing is the only liquor store downtown!
- The Landing has over 1000 feet of dock space available for public use.
UPCOMING EVENTS AT THE LANDING
View Larger Map