Downtown Vision Announces the Dashing Through Downtown QR Code Scavenger Hunt and Merry and Bright Movie Night
- December 8, 2020
- 1084 views
Downtown Vision is creating today two great ways to celebrate the holidays in Downtown Jacksonville this year. Dashing Through Downtown is a five-day QR Code Scavenger Hunt designed to encourage the community to support Downtown’s local businesses. The Merry and Bright Movie Night Presented by Live Oak Contracting will screen socially distanced holiday movie favorites outdoors on the riverfront.
Dashing Through Downtown QR Code Scavenger Hunt
Beginning Monday, December 14, players can enter a join code in the Eventzee App and participate in the week-long Dashing Through Downtown QR Code Scavenger Hunt at local businesses to win prizes while they shop and support local for the holidays..
- The first 200 players who seek out and scan at least 10 QR Codes at participating businesses will receive a $20 #DTJax e-Gift Card from Downtown Vision.
- All players who scan at least 10 QR Codes will be entered into a drawing to receive prizes from Downtown businesses. Players can receive additional drawing entries when they participate in photo challenges in the Eventzee app. Prizes include: a Wolf & Cub gift basket, two Jacksonville Symphony tickets and two Go Tuk’n tour passes.
- Every player to scan all QR Codes and complete all challenges will be entered to win the grand prize, which includes a two-night stay at the Southbank Hotel, two tickets for a Sunset Cruise with the St. Johns River Taxi passes and a $50 bb’s gift card.
Valid email address required to enter. Purchase not required to play. Digital gift cards will be emailed to the winners the week of December 21.
Participating businesses include:
- Bellwether | 100 N Laura St Ste 100
- Bold City Brewery | 109 E Bay St
- Chamblin's Uptown | 215 N Laura St
- Cypress Floral Design | 45 W Adams St
- Ground Level Coffee | 50 N. Laura Street in the lobby
- Happy Grilled Cheese | 219 N Hogan St
- Hemming Plaza Jewelers | 231 N Hogan St
- Jacobs Jewelers | 204 N Laura St
- James Weldon Johnson Park | 135 W Monroe St
- Mag’s Cafe | 231 N Laura St
- Maddy D's | 440 W Adams St
- Olio | 301 E Bay St
- Super Food and Brew | 11 E Forsyth St
- Sweet Pete's Candy Co. | 400 N Hogan St
- Urban Grind Coffee Co. | 45 W Bay St
- Visit Jacksonville | 86 N Laura St
- The Volstead | 115 W Adams St
- VyStar Credit Union | 76 S Laura St
- Wolf & Cub | 205 N Laura St
Merry and Bright Movie Night Presented by Live Oak Contracting
Free, family friendly movies will return to Downtown’s scenic riverfront on Thursday, December 17. The Merry and Bright Movie Night Presented by Live Oak Contracting will screen three holiday classics: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer at 4 p.m., Home Alone at 6 p.m. and National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation at 9 p.m. Advance registration is highly recommended to reserve a viewing square for this socially distanced event. Walkups will be limited. Each 10’ x 10’ square holds up to six adults plus children. Masks are required for entry and when not in a viewing square. Lawn chairs and picnic blankets are encouraged. Well behaved pets are welcome. Food and beverages can be purchased from Dagwood’s Food Truck, Son of a Butcher and Vucca Food Truck, Manifest Distilling and Bold City Brewing.
“We’re working hard to make the holidays a little brighter here in Downtown” said Jake Gordon, Downtown Vision CEO. “We are excited to host families and friends again on this beautiful public space on the river, watching Holiday classics together as a community and supporting our local businesses.”
More information and a full #DTJax Holiday Guide can be found at DTJax.com/Holidays. Dashing Through Downtown Scavenger Hunt and the Merry and Bright Movie Night are brought to you by Live Oak Contracting, the City of Jacksonville, Downtown Vision, AVL Productions and Visit Jacksonville.
- January 21, 2022
- 3215 views
- January 20, 2022
- 308 views
- January 20, 2022
- 1216 views