THE TOP 10, NOT-TO-BE-MISSED FEATURES AT THE SOUTHERN WOMEN’S SHOW OCTOBER 18-21, 2018
The Southern Women’s Show returns this fall to bring the ultimate Girls Day Out to women in North Florida. There’s so much to see and do, so what are the top 10, not-to-be-missed features of this year’s show?
1. Celebrity Guest Savannah Chrisley. Savannah Chrisley is best known to fans of USA Network's popular reality show Chrisley Knows Best as daughter of overbearing patriarch Todd Chrisley. When Savannah's not in the middle of Chrisley family shenanigans, she's working on her fashion line Faith Over Fear and developing a line of cosmetics and fragrances. Savannah appears on Saturday, October 20 at Noon on the Fashion and Entertainment Stage to share the scoop on filming Chrisley Knows Best and growing up under the watchful eye of her father. Super fans can snag a $35 meet and greet package that includes one ticket to the Southern Women's Show, one Women's Show reusable shopping bag and reserved seating at the Fashion Stage. (limited availability).
2. TGIF - Girls Day AND Night Out. Fridays at the show have long been known for Girls Night Out - and all new for this year it’s also Ladies Day Out, courtesy of Shipt. The first 1,000 ladies on Friday morning will receive a reusable bag from Shipt. Girls Night Out is on Friday, October 19 with $5 after 5 p.m. admission for everyone. On Friday night, Play Blingo Bingo for a chance to win Kendra Scott jewelry and don’t miss the hugely popular Firefighter Fashion Show.
3. It’s The Naja From LA Hair. Naja Rickette -- aka The Naja -- is an award-winning, celebrity nail artist whose work has been seen on Mary J. Blige, Nicki Minaj, Kanye West, and LL Cool J. She has a Guinness World Records title under her belt or polishing the highest number of clients in an eight-hour period (69) and is most recognized for her role spanning five seasons on WeTV’s hit reality TV show LA Hair. Her passion is helping young entrepreneurs in the beauty industry make consistent cash from their craft. She appears on the Fashion & Entertainment Stage on Saturday and Sunday. She will also be selling her line of Nailed by Naja scented nail polish all weekend.
4. Mother Daughter Day. There’s no better place for generations of women to spend a day making real life memories than the Southern Women’s Show – and that’s especially true on Mother Daughter Day. On Saturday, the show features special giveaways and activities, including the Mother Daughter Look-A-Like Contest, the Mother Daughter Cake Decorating Contest and a complimentary Kids Workshop with Home Depot. To celebrate Mother Daughter Day at the Southern Women’s Shows, the day’s sponsor Florida Dairy Farmers will be giving a Florida Dairy Farmers spatula and baking mat to the first 500 guests through the doors on Saturday morning.
5. Dana Cody of Tippie Toes. Top line nail expert and serial entrepreneur Dana Cody is the owner of Tippie Toes Beauty Lounge, a full service nail salon that specializes in some of the most extravagant manicures and pedicures in Miami. Dana starred in Boss Nails on Oxygen, and also appeared on Real Housewives of New York as the soon-to-be stepmother of Aviva Drescher. Visit Dana in exhibit 623 at the show.
6. 20 Belk Bucks Per Hour. The Southern Women’s Show is filled with giveaways and surprises -- like $20 Belk gift cards given out every hour at the Register to Win area by the Show Entrance.
7. Teachers Day. To thank teachers for their service to our communities and families, the show celebrates Teachers Day at the Southern Women’s Show on Sunday. Teachers who visit the Show Office (Room 104) on Sunday will receive a FREE ticket to the show with school ID.
8. Ride and Drive Away With A Gift. Women fuel 85 percent of car buying decisions – and at the show they get behind the wheel and test drive a fleet of new Chevrolet vehicles. Located in the circle in front the entrance on Saturday and Sunday, the Chevy Ride and Drive is back – and all participants get a tumbler and $10 gift cards just for taking a spin. Guests can also enter to win a trip for two to the 2018 CMA Awards.
9. Calling All Foodies! The Cooking Stage features back-to-back cooking demos from local and regional chefs, including culinary talent from Clara White Mission and Chef Ashley Mincey who is a contestant on the current season of FOX’s MasterChef. Additionally, guests can visit Food Truck Friday in the patio courtyard - a great kick off to Girls Night Out.
10. Heroes Day. Thursday at the Southern Women’s Show is Heroes Day. To thank them for their service, all active duty and retired Military/Police/Fire/Recue receive one complimentary ticket with ID at the box office.
Show hours are Thursday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Friday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m.– 5 p.m. Admission is $12 at the door, $10 in advance online, $8 in advance at participating Walgreen’s, $6 for children 6–12 years old and free for children under 6 years of age (with paying adult). A four day pass is available for $20. For group discount tickets and more information, call (800) 849-0248 or visit www.SouthernWomensShow.com. Show sponsors include Chevrolet, Florida Dairy Farmers and Shipt.